KiwiKids will experience a mountain curriculum that integrates Te Whāriki (NZ Early childhood curriculum) and our unique environment. Although Kiwikids is a group lesson, we individualise your child’s experience based on your expectations and your child’s wishes.
Each child develops through our mountain progression at their own pace, guided by experienced Kaiako (teachers). Our first ski hill, attached to the indoor classroom creates a safe space for Kiwikids to explore and play in the snow that will delight, inspire and challenge your child. Their progression card shares your child’s individual achievements.
The KiwiKids program is great for children who are unsure in new situations as it allows them more time to become familiar with new routines, Kaiako (teachers), equipment and the mountain environment. It is essential for 2-year olds, who are developing the basic physical and emotional skills required to participate in a group Skiwikids program. If you wish your 2 year-old to Ski on one on one, please book a private lesson instead. Pickup and drop-off can be arranged from Skiwiland.
Advanced bookings are essential due to limited capacity.
- Operating from 4 July - 6 September
- Half Day: 9:30am - 12:30pm - option to upgrade to a full day, please check availability with staff in Skiwiland
- Check in time from 9am.
- The group on snow time begins 10:30am. Please allow the team plenty of time to ensure your child's successful transition to snow
- Preparing your child for their first ski school experience will support their love of the snow and skiing
- Skiwiland Routine
- Wide range of fun indoor/on snow learning experiences
- Morning snack
- Sleep/rest facilities
- Skiwiland progression card
What to bring:
- Waterproof jacket, pants or suit
- Beanie and mittens
- Change of clothes (extra underwear)
- Comfort items - dummy, toy, special snacks etc.
For more information:
Our partnership with Ministry of Education licensing ensures the comfort and safety of your child. Limited space, advance bookings are essential.